Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Off Screeb Utility Windows

skearton

This topic is 4269 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a complicated series of scripts that do record looping from one table to another and sets the data from one to the other, with the set variable and set field script steps.

I have set the various windows that need to open to a size of 0, 0 and a position of -50000 and -50000. For some reason, that I can't figure out, they are still showing up as the script and subscripts run. I checked to see if I had any layout triggers on but I don't. I have even created blank layouts for the various tables I need to access in these scripts to see if that did anything, which it didn't. I also have the Freeze window script step enabled in each of the scripts at the beginning.

Does anyone else have some ideas as to why this is happening, or other things I need to check for?

-50000 didn't work for me either, but -10000 does (and should still be sufficient even for users with multiple large displays).

EDIT: At about -31,000 this method starts to fail; maybe this causes an internal OutOfBound error that makes FM fall back to the default values (i.e. the position and dimensions of the parent window).

Yes! that did the trick! Wonder why it makes a difference from -50000 to -10000?

I wish Filemaker would build in a option for a new window that lets you hide it with a checkbox, since most developers will need to do the off screen utility windows at some time.

This topic is 4269 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.