Related value list not updating the field value

AndreasG

This topic is 4247 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there,

Been searching high and low for an answer but can't find one. Running FMP11 and have set up a product database consisting of two tables related via a number field; the article number.

The first table holds all of the information about the item, the second table only holds information about the name of the supplier, the price and stock.

The value list is set up as a related value list showing only the values (names) from table 2 (the supplier table).

I've created a drop-down list in the supplier field of table 1, and it lists all suppliers found in table 2 perfectly fine.

However, clicking any of the values in the list results in nothing. The value doesn't change. A Menu button has the same effect. There is no change in the value.

I know this worked for me earlier, but somewhere along the way I seem to have "broken" it.

The article number fields are both numerical and indexed.

Any suggestions?

EDIT:

After reading the text in the window when setting up the related value list it seems only values appearing in table 1 are selectable. Now I need to find an alternate way of doing this.

EDIT2:

Solved it. I had chosen to use a more complicated approach than necessary. I simply used the Table 2 supplier name in the value list as the primary field and then selected only to show values with relations to table 1. Voila!

This topic is 4247 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.