Go To Layout (Original)

This topic is 4226 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I never understood what 'Go To Layout"…Original means and now I think I need it.

I want a button to simply return the user to the calling layout but that's not what this is. Searching the Help files or this forum turn up nothing so I am guessing it is so obvious I missed it?

Say I have a list. User presses text and is taken to a picture of the item. Presses the picture and is taken right back to where she was. Anyway that's what I'd like it to do…

Go To Layout[Original] will return you to the layout that was active when the script started. So, this will only work for you if, while on the "Picture" layout, the script is paused, and a button on the layout resumes the script.

Another way to do what you are asking is to save the last active layout number to a global variable, then reference that global variable in a script that is run by a button on the "Picture" layout.

• Like 1

Dan, thanks, I've been mulling this over. Maybe I should just explain what I want to do, which is to call up the item picture from many different layouts (found lists), and enable the user to click the picture to go back to the calling list. You've given me an idea I want to try before replying fully. Thanks.

ps: I can't always get back to this project so sometimes a day or two passes without replying. Don't want to be rude and appreciate the help.

This topic is 4226 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.