Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Deployment on Multiple Machines

This topic is 4208 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I just recently transitioned a single machine deployment (windows) into a multiple machine deployment (databases on windows, WPE and web server on Mac).

Does SC have to be installed on the WPE machine, or can it stay on the database server? All the files are located on the original single-deployment machine.

Everytime I try to connect now, I get a prompt to set the SuperContainer Base URL, and I presume that is because the WPE/Tomcat are no longer active on that machine. Is that correct?

What is my best option for getting SC to run in this multiple machine deployment?

• Newbies

I couldn't get SC working with Tomcat on the Database-only machine after splitting the deployment and moving the WPE to a worker machine. I ended up just running the SuperContainerServer.jar file as a standalone on the database server, updating the port and file location as needed.

I just recently transitioned a single machine deployment (windows) into a multiple machine deployment (databases on windows, WPE and web server on Mac).

Does SC have to be installed on the WPE machine, or can it stay on the database server? All the files are located on the original single-deployment machine.

Everytime I try to connect now, I get a prompt to set the SuperContainer Base URL, and I presume that is because the WPE/Tomcat are no longer active on that machine. Is that correct?

What is my best option for getting SC to run in this multiple machine deployment?

For multi-machine deployments if you want to have SuperContainer run with FileMaker Server it does need to be deployed on the machine running the Web Publishing Engine. However, we offer three deployment options.

1. Run SC in standalone mode

2. Run SC through the FMS' Web Publishing Engine.

3. Run SC with Tomcat

Our documentation goes into a bit more detail on the approaches for each.

Regards,

This topic is 4208 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.