Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Publishing daily records?

derekh

This topic is 8663 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Each day I track System Task start and end times, as well as keep notes in a text field. I need to find an efficient way to deliver these times and notes to those interested every morning.

The obvious option would be to have a script that would update a web page to point to yesterdays records at 07:00 every morning. Is this possible?

Another option would be to have a send-mail script on each days layout, which creates an email containing the notes in the body, and a link to a document containing the times(since FM only allows the entry of one field). But here again I run into the problem of udating the link to the records I want to show, which are always yesterdays.

Any suggestion that would put me on the path of righteousness would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Use related records, just create a new record to record the start time, another new one to record the end time, and so on. SAfter a few days you'll have an archive or dates and times.

When the database gets too many records, write a script that deleted any that are more than (say) 0one month old.

This topic is 8663 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.