This topic is 4039 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

I am running Filemaker pro advanced 12 on windows 7

I have been searching allover the internet for an answer to this question but i can seem to find exactly what i am looking for. I am now using forums as my only hope.

I am really new at all this and I am presently working on a project for a client. Basically, I am trying to create a video database for a production company that will allow every computer in the office to acces, add, remove and download different videos within a database that i have created in our server. I have developed the database template but I am having problems with reading videos from the other computers.

After importing the video files in the file container (on the server) i can read without any problem the videos on the server. BUT, on the other computers and the Filemaker go apps, after opening a remote connexion, in the container field, it is written '' This file cannot be found''.

I am pretty sure this has something to do with a misuse of the new features of the remote file containers but what options exactly do i need to enable in order to acces and read the videos from other computers, ipads or ipods.

Is this problem because of the fact that i am not using filemaker server which im pretty sure allows streaming, unlike FM pro advanced 12.

Can we acces, read or stream video files hosted on a server from another computer or ipad or iphone? Using FM pro advanced 12

If possible, can somebody guide me to succes?

Thank you in advance! 

• 3 months later...

This topic is 4039 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.