Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Looking for somebody who can create a pretty simple database for me v.ComputerResale/Repair

ktreece

This topic is 4161 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I downloaded the demo of FileMaker a few months back and played around with it a bit but just don't have the time to polish up and properly create the database that I would like to have. 

I do a bit of computer repair work, the purchase of computer equipment, and the same for medical equipment. I'm interested in having somebody set me up a database that would allow me to log information on specific items (specs, notes, repair work done, etc). 

Here's the idea in my head. Let's say I have a MacBook that I receive that needs a LCD repair, I log it into the system using it's serial number and then can enter the specs on it, what was wrong with it, condition, etc. I would also like the ability to create sticky barcodes and have them on most items that way I can scan the item and a screen pops up with all my notes on that particular item. ( Maybe have the barcodes created using the serial? If no serial just generic number?)

Oh, I would also like the ability to have even random parts that are laying throughout the office in the database. 

I would think this is a pretty easy setup, but I don't know too much about FM. If this is something you think you can help me out with let me know!

I can also be contacted at [email protected]

-Thanks, Kyle

This topic is 4161 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.