Server Maintenance This Week. ×

when file size says 0 bytes

This topic is 4139 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

hello, we are using 360Works Email Plugin via FileMaker Server to download email messages. 

then when a user wishes to view an email's attachment, he hits a button and a script downloads the attachments and uses SuperContainer to store them.

sometimes the downloaded attachment, even though it seems to be a regular file, like a 2-page PDF, will say "File Size:  0.0 Bytes". 

when it says this, we can click on the attachment and open it in Acrobat, however we cannot preview the attachment in a webviewer.  (the webviewer is pointing to raw data, like:  "http://ourserver...:8080/SuperContainer/RawData")

what might be causing some files to seem to download with no file size?

I would first check to make sure you're running the latest version of BOTH SuperContainer server and the Companion plugin.... I have seen this behavior once or twice before (in a Windows server environment).

Anyway, definitely upgrade if you aren't already running version 2.864.

The next thing I would take a look at is to make sure you're getting the email attachment alright and can view it successfully.

If these two are checked out and look good, I would just give 360Works tech support a call.

EDIT: P.S Also! If you are in fact in a Windows environment and running SC via FMS' WPE, I would try a different deployment method as a temporary workaround (e.g Tomat deployment or standalone).

Signed,

This topic is 4139 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.