Relationships for Multiple Conditional Value Lists

Glenn Butler

This topic is 4130 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I run a small tree business and I'm trying to create estimates that have line items linked to each tree we perform work on.

I have CLIENTS --< PROPERTIES --< TREES and ESTIMATES--< SERVICELINES >-- SERVICES. What relationships and/or table occurrences do I need to create to place multiple conditional value lists inside of an ESTIMATES layout via a portal based on SERVICELINES?

On an ESTIMATES layout I have a drop down value list to display clients. I want conditional value lists that display 1) only properties relating to a particular client and 2) only trees related to a particular property.

Thanks for any help.

• Newbies

I haven't had any success solving this issue. 

1) In an ESTIMATE layout I want to select a client.

2) In an ESTIMATE layout I want to select a property from a value list related to the client. (So far, so good)

3) In an ESTIMATE layout with a portal based on SERVICELINES, on each row I want to select a tree from a value list related to the property previously selected.

When I add a TO based on TREES and create a relationship to SERVICELINES, my drop down list on the ESTIMATES layout (inside a portal based on SERVICELINES) gives me the list of all the trees associated with that client and not just the trees related to that particular property.

post-108048-0-02436100-1359048616_thumb.

This topic is 4130 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.