Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Trouble with access privileges in FM 12

ims246

This topic is 4076 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello, 

I'm trying to limit someone's access to only be able to edit/delete within one field in the record.  I set up the equation to limit the access to this one field in both the 'Edit' and 'Delete' sections and it worked.   However, when I login to that account, if there is already writing within that field it won't let me edit/delete, but if there's nothing in that field in a record it will let me edit/delete.  How do I enable editing/delete within all the records?  

Thank you!

but if there's nothing in that field in a record it will let me edit/delete.

On  the face of this is self-contradictory.

I suspect however that what you mean is that if the field is empty the user can add something to it, and then go back and change it.  If so and if you want to prevent this, set the edit test to 0 rather than to No. Be aware as soon as you tab out of the field it will be locked.

Steven

• Newbies

Hi Steven, 

I want them to be able to edit in that field at all times.  So say, the field is called 'Notes.'  If I create a login for another individual and I want him to only be able to edit/delete/type within the 'Notes' section, I set the equation to Notes = getfield (Notes).  However, when I use his login... the notes section will only let me type within it if there isn't already text in that section.  If there is text already in there then it says I do not have permission.  Is there any way to unlock the field, no matter if there's text in there already?  

Thank you!

This topic is 4076 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.