Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FileMaker crashing when accessing container data...

This topic is 4083 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I have a solution that is using the external container option in FM12. I chose to use Secure. I have encountered an error that is causing the program to rash.

After releasing a new version to the solution, it imports all of the user data from the previous version. All data is copied just fine and the Secure data folder from the container is also copied over into the program directory of the database. Whenever I try to access one of the records that contains data from from the container, the program crashes. I am using FM12 on a Mac. I am also attaching the error log below in a text file. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

FM Error Log.txt

Problem solved.

What I did not know (I am new to using external containers) was that when importing, FM automatically recreates the external container folder structure and copies the data over. Not knowing this and thinking that I the developer needed to copy over this folder into my folder structure, was causing the error. When doing a test database, I saw that FM created the folder. When I removed my code to copy the folder, everything began to work normally.

Thanks.

This topic is 4083 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.