Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Sav files need to be remade in FM 12

This topic is 4051 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have been publishing runtime files since 1995 ish.  Upgraded to FM 12 from 11 a few weeks back.  Did some work on my runtime and updated some stuff and added a few new features.  My runtime called the Ranger Database is a free "church boyscout" program that has over 33 relational databases that track all kinds of stuff. 

With the new FM 12 the old sav files I created several years back had to be remade.  My programs started when filemaker didn't have multiple tables in the same file so I have a bunch of files. 

Most of my databases are Flat.  Perhaps 10 of them are relational.   Relational are cool for quick lookups and fancy data entry but are a pain for imports and exports.  

I have enjoyed going over the forums these past few weeks finding nuggets of "help" that I have added to the solutions I give out for not for profit. 

Filemaker has helped our Royal Rangers keep track of all kinds of stuff and there is always something better and easier on upgrades.  The runtimes

compiled nicely and this forum is a good source of ideas. 

I did find that Youtube offers some great help as you can see what is being done and I was able to pickup some good stuff there.  Some of you folks on here are out of this world when it comes to programing with Filemaker.  For us down to earth folks.  Thanks for putting up with us beggers that need your help making our solutions work for us. 

I am putting up a update on the server right now and it went really smooth.  Thanks for a great product Filemaker and thanks to all of you that help us make it work for our needs.

Mark Jones

This topic is 4051 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.