Problem importing from Excel

This topic is 4042 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm experiencing a peculiar problem when importing certain numerical values from Excel 2013 into FM10.  The values in Excel are formatted.  Most are formatted in Excel as 0.00°C and are not a problem, with the correct values without any format being imported into FM10.  however, there are some values which when formatted in Excel as either 0.00 "l/s" or 0.00" l/s" are brought into FM as seemingly a date value.  For instance, 73.24 l/s is entered in the FM table as 13.03.1900 05:50:12 instead of 73.2432.  If I remove the formatting from the values in the Excel spreadsheet, the values are all correctly imported.  I don't want to have to nor should it be necessary to remove the formatting in the spreadsheet before importing, nor do I want to have to duplicate the values without any formatting in the spreadsheet before importing them. Has anyone experienced this or a similar problem before?  Is there a fix for this?  Is it a known bug in FM10?

Tony,

The import is balking at the parentheses. You will need to decide whether to handle those either before or after the import. Before import you can add escape characters to those entries either in Excel or you can export the data to a text editor first and add escape characters before your import into Filemaker. Returning them to the correct format after import can also be done if you can determine the conversion calculation from the format you are importing to what looks like a timestamp format in Filemaker.

Levi

--

Laura (Levi) Vie | [email protected]  | 573-874-5176 | iChat:  leevie

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 4042 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.