Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FileMaker Developer for Contract, Sydney Australia

Legend

This topic is 3951 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Position Title: Contract FileMaker Developer

Description of Duties: business analysis, work with clients and end users, development of new solutions and support of existing solutions

Deadline: immediate start

Position: contract, start with about 20 hrs per week

Employment: on-site. NO REMOTE WORK DO NOT ASK.

Skills Required:

• good communication
  • previous consulting experience
  • FileMaker 11 and 12

Compensation: by the hour, $50 to $80 per hour based on experience

Contact Details: private message on the forums

Established FileMaker developer in Sydney is looking for an assistant / partner to expand business.

Please read the following carefully:

I need somebody who is currently working as a FMP developer. Somebody who loves working with clients and creating and delivering solutions that people use to make their jobs easier and more efficient; somebody who loves coding but hates invoicing, chasing people for money, and having to hunt around for work when projects end. I'll do all this stuff for you.

I need somebody who can support existing solutions under development and take it through to completion. Somebody who can work with clients and manage the transition. Somebody who can quote for new work, and somebody who can take an existing spec and run with it.

I need somebody who is in Sydney: I need you to work in the client's offices to be close to the end users so you can be constantly checking that what you're doing is what is needed (kind-of agile development-ishy). I need somebody who can track their time, work to a budget or a time schedule, and deliver good working code that is internally documented and easy to maintain. Smart and gets things done.

I need somebody who has an ABN and has professional liability insurance. If you do not have an ABN I have to take 48% tax out of your pay, so you need an ABN. (Just apply, it's free.)

Please read the following even MORE carefully:

I do NOT want somebody who is not a permanent resident, who is not in Sydney, and who is not already working as a FileMaker developer. Please, do not respond. Just don't. Seriously. I've advertised for developers before and got people from all over the world applying. If you're not already  working in Sydney, don't apply.

Remuneration will be good. I'll be paying you probably about as much as you're getting right now on your own because I have established clients that are paying good commercial rates. Minimum is $50 an hour, up to $80 an hour if you're real good and need no supervision. You send me the time sheets and I invoice the client, you get paid by me. No need for you to chase the clients.

What you have to do:

Send me a one page resume of your past and current clients, and some screen shots of your development template. I don't want to steal your template, which I why I only ask for screen shots. If you don't have a development template then don't apply: you're not up to speed yet. (Experienced developers are all nodding right now in agreement.) The screen shots should be of interface design, and some script code and some relationship graphs, with an explanation of what they do and how the template saves you time. (Read that again.) Just enough so I can spend 10 minutes to work out whether we should meet to discuss things further.

I'm not after your current clients: I have my own. I don't want you running off with my clients so there will be a non-compete agreement should we decide to work together. As mentioned, you'll need an ABN and professional indemnity insurance. (Do not confuse professional indemnity with public liability insurance, a lot of insurers get it wrong. If you are paying less than $1,000 a year then it's probably not the right insurance.)

Disclaimer: FM Forums does not endorse or warrantee these positions please contact the poster for further information regarding the position particulars.

This topic is 3951 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.