Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Farm Animal Care Database (Pro-bono/Nonprofit)

This topic is 3947 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

One of the nation's leading farm animal sanctuaries (nonprofit) is looking to develop a filemaker database that would keep track of hundreds of rescued animals. Database needs to display iPad-friendly and be really easy to use for non-techie caregiver staff (there can be a back-end interface that is more complex for the administrator). It doesn't have to look pretty, I can tweak cosmetic stuff later. There is already an existing excel document with most data already input.

Looking for pro-bono or super-deeply-discounted price. There is no specific deadline.

Full details via below link or reply to doug [[at]] woodstock sanctuary [[dot]] org:
http://www.sparked.com/ask/Filemaker-guru-needed-to-set-up-animal-database

• Newbies

Thanks, will be in touch soon...  one question to start out because I need to buy the appropriate # of licenses.  We'll need a desktop copy of FM for data entry and administrative/design work, and then the iPad version will will be used for light data entry but mostly looking stuff up.  

I assume in order to function as a server on a local network, the software needs to be open and running, right?  If the FM software is sitting on a mac mini that's always on, is it OK if that user is logged in but not active?  In other words, could I create an account on that mac called "Filemaker User" and keep the software open there, and then still have that mac used by others checking email, etc., in other accounts?

This topic is 3947 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.