Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 3933 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm struggling with getting a simple database with SC working on an FM hosted server so I thought I would start at square one and try to understand the basics with setting up SC as a stand alone application on my home computer.

Question 1 (SC Server Files Directory): When I run the SCserver.jar, the server starts, and I get an option button to change a) Port, b ) Files Directory, c) Register my license, and d) add optional security settings. My logic tells me that whatever I put in the Files Directory will determine the root path of where my documents will be stored when I drag and drop documents into my SC web viewer. Is this a logical thought? And I presume it also adds a folder name for the database, table, and uniqueID number for each record that gets a document? What happens if I decide to change the File Directory once records have already been created in a database?

Question 2 (SC Webviewer URL): In my database, I create a Webviewer, which requires a path to tell it where the document it needs to display exists. What if my SC Server Files Directory points somewhere completely different than my Webviewer URL, what happens when I drop a document into a new record? Does it follow the path of the Server Files Directory or the Webviewer path?

Do the answers apply differently if it's a stand alone app server on your home computer or if it's hosted on a FM hosting service?

Any assistance to help get this novice up and running with his SC database is much appreciated.

This topic is 3933 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.