Server Maintenance This Week. ×

dynamic ValueList generation

This topic is 8751 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a database of students in an honors program, and some have volunteered to be mentors for incoming students. I'm trying to get a dynamic valuelist of the mentors. I've got a script that will find all the mentors and open the value list window, but I can't get the information into the list.

The alternative I am exploring is trying to export the mentor records to another database and generating the list off of that database, which is a built-in function of the list window

Thanks in advance, qntgeek

Are you using FMP5 or an earlier version?

What you're asking about is commonly referred to as a "conditional value list". The answer is different for each version of FMPro.

Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill Hartford (edited May 12, 2000).]

On reflection - Just in case you've been doing other work in File2 (and the first record might be only the first in a found subset) the first command in the PasteMentor script should be FindAll

And I see I neglected to mention what to put in the "indexed Calculated Field (Solid) in both File1 and in File2". It can be any result as long as it's the same in both files; I simply use a "1" - that is, the number one.

Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill Hartford (edited May 18, 2000).]

This topic is 8751 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.