Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Troubleshooting Mapquest router planner, works on Mac but not PC

fotobymatt

This topic is 3793 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

First time using the web viewer, and I have some inconsistencies, just want to see if anyone else has run into this or has ideas before I abandon it and stick to using a browser separate from the database layout...

This database was created to help track and route orders on a daily basis. Orders are entered as records, with customer address copying from a related table.

I created a script that copies the addresses of all orders in a found set into a single field, then places the contents of this field on the clipboard for pasting in Mapquest (within the Web Viewer).

On my Mac, it works perfectly most of the time, with only slight delays in loading the URL within the web viewer.

On the PC that needs to run this program, Mapquest loads (http://www.mapquest.com/routeplanner), and I can click on the middle tab for "Copy & Paste Area" and paste the clipboard. However when I click "Get Directions" the web viewer goes blank and does not reload.

The PC is running Windows 7, but this database will hopefully be used on other machines, which could go back as far as Windows XP.

Has anyone used this particular part of mapquest within the web viewer and experienced problems? Or are there better ways to generate a route of addresses within a found set that I'm not finding online?

I'm running Filemaker Pro 10 and wondered if upgrading might help, especially if I can build this database into a stand alone application using FMP Advanced to allow use on computer that do not have Filemaker installed.

Thanks for the help!

This topic is 3793 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.