Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Cursor Misalignment

This topic is 8577 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Working on the county's Compaq with NT, somtimes the where the cursor appears to be is not where the text is inserted. In other words, for instance, if I wanted to put a word into that last sentence between the last two words and went to click the cursor in the space, the cursor would appear to be there but when I start typing the text might appear ten spaces back...

• 2 months later...
  • Newbies

Has anyone else had this probelm as I am having it to, but on a Mac running OS 9.04. In a text field if I enter some text then tab using the ALT and tab keys, and then enter some more text all appears fine, but if I want to amend the second piece of text, I click into the text after the tabs and try to re-type but the text goes in not where the cursor is but at the end of the text, to the right. Has anyone any ideas - thank you very much?:

quote:

Originally posted by geraldclare:

Working on the county's Compaq with NT, somtimes the where the cursor appears to be is not where the text is inserted. In other words, for instance, if I wanted to put a word into that last sentence between the last two words and went to click the cursor in the space, the cursor would appear to be there but when I start typing the text might appear ten spaces back...

A somewhat standard answer: make sure you are using the *latest* patch level for your version of FMP. That FMP4.0v3, FMP4.1v3, FMP5.0v3. (FMP 5 is interesting because the app is v3 while Web Companion is v6.)

Don't take my word for it, visit http://www.filemaker.com/support/updaters.html and check them out yourself.

This topic is 8577 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.