Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Problem with container field on Filemaker Go Since Server 13 Upgrade

This topic is 3790 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We have a Filemaker solution that stores a PDF in a container for users to view by clicking on the container and opening it in a web page.  With Filemaker Server 12 all clients both on Filemaker Pro and Filemaker Go were able to open the PDFs without any issue. When we upgraded to Filemaker Server 13 the PDF container seemed to break on the GO devices. It still works without any issue on the Pro devices.

The first hint that something is wrong on the iPad is the container field doesn't show the preview and only an 'icon' with the file name below. When you click on the button to open the PDF it loads at a white screen for a while and then it says "failed to open <filepath_on_server>". I have also tried just using the built in Filemaker go menu option "view" with the exact same error.

Before we went into production with server 13 I was able to fix this by deleting the container field and adding it and then uploading the PDFs again. Now that the database is full of PDFs I don't really see that as a viable option.  

Is anyone experiencing similar behavior or have any troubleshooting suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

This topic is 3790 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.