Vertical Alignment

This topic is 8444 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

On my invoice layout I have one field for invoice-descriptions (models, photography, dtp etc) and for the amounts I have several field, aligned with the invoice-descriptions.

Above all this is the specifications field (how many pages, what kind of paper, binding, etc etc.) But this field is not obligatory, since it's not allways relevant.

When it's not I want the invoice descriptions field and the amount field to move up.

I know how to do this in theory, the fields do go up, but my alignement gets all muddled up. I tried grouping the amount fields, but this doesn't seem to work.

Is there an elegant way to move fields up and at the same time keeping the alignment intact?

Hmm, this seems to complicate things for the users and for me....Isn't there another way to accomplish this?

The task in itself doesn't seem to be that difficult...

Maybe I'll wait some more for more replies in atticipation (without offending your input, Vaughan: Thanks!)

Even if objects have been grouped, it won't prevent them from sliding independently of each other when you have sliding selected. You can prevent this by padding the space between your specifications field and the invoice fields with invisible boxes (ie, the same colour as your layout background). It's messy, but I've made it work.

This topic is 8444 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.