Shift Tab in Object Size window...

This topic is 8362 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

As a frequent Windows user, I always like to skip between fields with Tab (Next Field) and Shift Tab (Previous Field). It always worked in FMP 4, but FMP 5 doesn't recognize the Shift-key anymore.. it's always skipping to the next field, no matter what. Is the shortcut key changed? And if so, what is it now?

Hi Jorick,

the tabbing method is unchanged between versions.

Check your own tab order for that layout (under formats menu) and be sure you don't have 'dumb' fields (locked, then not editable).

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

nope, I don't mean that.. I meant the Object Size window (where you can enter your object sizes, like height, width, and the positions..)

For example, I want to change the width of an object and want try some values. I click in the object size window, and change the width value, I press tab to let the object change size (the focus moves to the height field). If i don't like the size, like it became, I want to go back to the width field and change again. Normally you would go back to that field with Shift-Tab, but Filemaker Pro 5 just ignores the Shift and goes to the Left position field... shocked.gif" border="0

Jorick,

you are right.

FM, in Object Size Windows, does not recognize back tabbing (SHIFT+TAB)??? it is a well known 'ictus' of the layout mode and there are not workarounds (or better, i don't know any).

Regards & very sorry for the misunderstanding. mad.gif" border="0

This topic is 8362 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.