Would like to pull images from Web into existing FM Database

This topic is 3702 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello all. I've been using FM for years and years but really consider myself a novice who has never utilized some of the more sophisticated features of FM. I'm running FM 12.0v5.

I've often wondered if I could do the following: I have a custom-created FM database which catalogs my large CD collection with fields such as "Artist", "Title", "Label", "Number" and so on. I've always dreamed that it would be great to add a container field to the database, and, based on the Artist, Title, Label and Number conduct an online search for the CD artwork and have an internet site(s) return and paste into the container field that artwork. I know Amazon is a good source of CD artwork and that their are other sources.

Is this even doable? Highly complex? A piece of cake? Can anyone give me some suggestions on whether this is possible and if so, a step-by-step "how to" on making this happen. What about not only letting FM scour a site but returning, say, only images that are 500x500 pixels?

I've always thought I should be able to do something like this but I just don't know. I'd love to have this artwork just flow into that container field like magic!

Thank you for reading this post and for any guidance any of you might provide.

snazz123

This topic is 3702 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.