Adding new object to tabcontrol-lookalike

JSS

This topic is 3667 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I want to add a large text field where one can write notes, comments ...

Because of the limited space, I added a new button "comments" to this object that looks like a tabs but isn't (I think).

I'm using the default invoice starter solution in Filemaker 13. This already included the "invoice address" (left) and "shipping address" (right).

Here's the situation I currently have:

cyC4ltQ.gif

I added the button to the first view, but when I click the second button I probably need to add it here too?

Obviously I need to add some sort of new object and name it "Comments". I've configured the button settings to go to object "comments", just like the invoice address and shipping address buttons are configured.

However, how can I add a new object to this strange layout? 

If I go to my layout and click the second button, and then go to layout edit mode, then I can edit those fields. And when I click the first button and then go to layout edit mode, I can see & edit the first button's fields. But I can't figure out how to go to a view where both are hidden and then add a new blank object to this (and then add the Comments textbox to it). I checked out the info panel for the first and second buttons and their containerobject, but I can only see their Name and I don't see how they hide etc...

The underlying container is a slide control with two panels and hidden navigation dots.

Open the formatting dialog, add another panel, temporarily display the dots to select the new one and give it (and the panel) an object name.

Thanks! You were right. I'm just starting with Filemaker Pro so I didn't recognize it as a slide control. 

I had to double click it to add the dots and/or go to a different slide.

This topic is 3667 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.