keyboard shortcuts for navigation

This topic is 8131 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

From the mouse fatigue department:

Most of my users are comfortable with keyboard shortcuts and would like to be able to use them to shift between windows in FileMaker 4.1 (Macs and PCs). Does anyone know if this is possible on the Mac?

On the PC, I do the following:

Alt-W brings up the windows menu. Use the arrow keys to move up and down the list of windows, and the enter key to select.

I've tried to find a similar combo on the Mac, such as AppleKey + [`], which rotates windows in IE or Netscape, but nothing I've tried produces this effect in FileMaker 4.1 on the Mac. Apologies if the answer to this is blindingly obvious. Thanks.

Create scripts that do the window changes (I assume ech window is a database). List the scripts in the Script menu: the first ten have keyboard shortcuts 1 to 0. Teach the users to use them.

Thanks! That tip is not quite what I was looking for or expecting. These databases already have button navigation, all the navigation buttons work via scripts, and the scripts are standardized across the relational database system, so I could easily make those navigation scripts appear in the script menu and thereby be accessible with the keyboard shortcuts. This isn't exactly the idea of cycling/rotating through windows, but it might actually be much better.

This topic is 8131 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.