Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Looking for a Convention Management Database

This topic is 3635 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi there,

My name is Luis, i'm portuguese and i'm new to FileMaker. I've just downloaded the trial version of FM Pro 13 to see if i can do what i want with it and noticed that there are already built in solutions to use right away. So i'll post here what i'm looking for, and maybe, with hope, there's already out there something like this.

I have a gaming group (www.spielportugal.org) and once a year we run a 3-day convention for boardgamers here in Portugal, called LeiriaCON. I'm looking for an application that can manage the check-in of all attendees, the games that they bring to the common "library" and the management of all in and out movements from the library. It will be somewhat like a lending library but with boardgames and without the need to manage money, because everything is free.

Basically, first of all, i'll sit at my laptop and i'll be signing in the attendeed to the database and possibly some boardgames that they bring with them and that they lend to the convention.

Other part of the job will be, the "rentals". Any attendee that is registered in the database is able to rent (free of charge) any boardgame in the library. I'll need to register this requisition and later on the devolution.

On the third day, people will start leaving the convention to return home and i'll need to do the check-out of the attendees and the games that possibly they brought with them.

During all event i want to be able to consult several types of reports like, games currently outside the library (being played); search games by category, play time or any other criteria, most "rented games", attendees by quantity of requisitions and the like.

I think i made myself clear.

So the big question is... is there any template or made solution that can manage this?
And if not, can i manage this in FM13? I'm a begginer, but a fast learner :)

My personal e-mail is [email protected] if someone wants to contact me directly.

Thanks in advance to everyone.

This topic is 3635 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.