Communication Error: 22 (Database connection error)

This topic is 3552 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

We are running Filemaker 12 server on windows server with fmphp enabled. We have our website hosted with third party server.

I'm trying to create a webpage that displays some data from a database on the server. See testing page here:  http://www.krypton-solutions.com/shipout/

When accessing the web page, this error keeps showing: 

Error: Communication Error: (22) The requested URL returned error: 401 - This can be due to an invalid username or password, or if the FMPHP privilege is not enabled for that user.

I've checked that login is correct, permissions are set correctly with fmphp checked and all. Still it doesn't work. Can someone help shed some light on this matter. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

krypton,

Bit late to the game on this question, but the error is usually right.  I have run into this error a few times and it has always been right. 

Now...the tricky part, though, is that it may not be obvious which file is the problem.  Our issues came up because we have multiple files, and the accounts (locally defined) were not consistent across the files.

Are you using multiple files?  Does a PHP login work for any accounts, or is it only this one that fails?  Do you have other PHP solutions that ARE working?

Log into your server and look at the error logs.  It should tell you where the account that is logging in is failing to authenticate to.  Then go to that file and double check the extended privileges for the FMPHP flag, and make sure the UN/PW is the same.  That's what helped us work through our issues.

--  Justin

This topic is 3552 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.