Communication Error: 22 (Database connection error)

krypton

This topic is 2584 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

We are running Filemaker 12 server on windows server with fmphp enabled. We have our website hosted with third party server.

I'm trying to create a webpage that displays some data from a database on the server. See testing page here:  http://www.krypton-solutions.com/shipout/

When accessing the web page, this error keeps showing: 

Error: Communication Error: (22) The requested URL returned error: 401 - This can be due to an invalid username or password, or if the FMPHP privilege is not enabled for that user.

I've checked that login is correct, permissions are set correctly with fmphp checked and all. Still it doesn't work. Can someone help shed some light on this matter. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

krypton,

Bit late to the game on this question, but the error is usually right.  I have run into this error a few times and it has always been right. 

Now...the tricky part, though, is that it may not be obvious which file is the problem.  Our issues came up because we have multiple files, and the accounts (locally defined) were not consistent across the files.

Are you using multiple files?  Does a PHP login work for any accounts, or is it only this one that fails?  Do you have other PHP solutions that ARE working?

Log into your server and look at the error logs.  It should tell you where the account that is logging in is failing to authenticate to.  Then go to that file and double check the extended privileges for the FMPHP flag, and make sure the UN/PW is the same.  That's what helped us work through our issues.

--  Justin

This topic is 2584 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By mleiser
      I go into my FM server like I always did before. The only difference is I'm coming in through teamviewer as I'm not in the office. I get this message and just don't know what to do:
      I get the following error message. Tried to push the button to start database on the top left and it's hanging.
      The database server is not available
      admin console functionality is limited to filemaker server overview and the log viewer panes.
      to use other functionality, the server administrator must start the database server again.
    • By Joost Miltenburg
      LS,

I am trying to enable Web Publishing tool in FileMaker Server 12.05 on a Windows 7 x64 with Java 7 (update 75) and IIS running (World Wide Web Publishing Service  running normally) . but I am facing this wired error which I can't get rid of. Tried a lot of things I saw on the internet without any luck.

I have attached a snap of the error as well.
      Any tips or ideas are highly appreciated it.

• By randyinla
      Hi, I was successful in creating records with drop down valuelists from my db, now I'd like an edit form on a new page to show those values and edit them. I only see the unedited drop down lists in the edit form.  Here is some code:

$layout =& $fm->getLayout('mylayout');
      $values = $layout->getValueList('statelist');
      $statelist = '<select name="State">';
      foreach ($values as $value) 
          {
             $statelist .='<option value="' . $value . '">' . $value . '</option>';
          }
      $statelist .= '</select>';

$edit = $fm->newEditCommand('mylayout', $_POST['id']);
       $edit->setField('State', $_POST['State']);
       $edit->execute();

$record = $fm->getRecordById('mylayout', $_GET['id']);
      $State = $record->getField('State');

<td><?php echo $statelist; ?></td>

Thanks so much!

• By randyinla
      Hi, I'm used to using tokens with FM 5.5.  What's the best way to pass a field variable thru a form with PHP?  I have a 'club number' field that is auto-entered for the head of a club.  I'd like to pass that field variable thru via a form to a new input form that will give new users that club number thru a hidden input.

Thanks!
    • By randyinla
      Hi, I'm running FileMaker 12 database on a Filemaker 12 server.  With my business file I'm able to sort and delete records, but cannot edit or create new records.  With a second new test file, I'm able to edit, create, delete, everything.  The 2 files have identical permissions and privileges.  I know my PHP is correct because it works on the test file.  The business file was converted from FMP 5.5 to FMP 7 to FMP 12.  It is not a corrupt file.  How can my business file not edit or create new records, yet be able to delete records?
      I appreciate your help!  Here is the file.
      ssvdb.fmp12
  • Who Viewed the Topic

6 members have viewed this topic:
    JOSUAN  EddyTaka  moriya0238  Südmeyer  ehwalker  bcooney 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.