Server Maintenance This Week. ×

best practices/successful experiences colocating FMS?

This topic is 3605 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi all,

i've been developing and maintaining a FM11 solution for my organization for the past few years, and it's time to move to FM13 to take advantage of some of the new features for our increasingly mobile workforce. currently the server is in the main office and we use an SSL VPN to get on the local network and log in.

obviously this makes it vulnerable to outages from our internet service providers, and generally sucks time and money away from more important things. i'm exploring moving to a colocation on a new server at a data center or high-performance virtualization.

i've been browsing the forums and haven't found much in terms of experiences and best practices for solutions like these.  we're only dealing with tens of thousands of records at a time, so the network overhead really isn't that huge.

I inquired with WorldCloud but that experience was (still is? can't seem to get through to anyone to make sure my "service" is cancelled. that situation is pending.) pretty abysmal. 

my main question is how are people securing connectivity? i would rather not have it wide open. are you using a service provider's VPN or setting one up on the machine?

thanks for any insight!

• Like 1

This topic is 3605 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.