Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Undesired font change with moved file

This topic is 8697 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I'm creating databases using FMP 5 on an iMac using OS9. Every so often the files are copied to my obsses computer an Apply Laptop which is also running FMP 5 and OS9. What I noticed this morning when I looked at his files is that the font used in the headers of the layouts is different from the one I defined it to be. I set the Header font to be Calisto MT and the body to be Arial in my files. In his, however, both the header and body use Arial (the header looks like Arial, not sure cause I couldn't look, but it wasn't Calisto.) It doesn't look bad, but the other way it just looks nicer! I'm just wondering if this is a result of the copying or what or a difference in machine set-up. Thanks.

quote:

Originally posted by Louisa:

Hi,

I'm creating databases using FMP 5 on an iMac using OS9. Every so often the files are copied to my obsses computer an Apply Laptop which is also running FMP 5 and OS9. What I noticed this morning when I looked at his files is that the font used in the headers of the layouts is different from the one I defined it to be. I set the Header font to be Calisto MT and the body to be Arial in my files. In his, however, both the header and body use Arial (the header looks like Arial, not sure cause I couldn't look, but it wasn't Calisto.) It doesn't look bad, but the other way it just looks nicer! I'm just wondering if this is a result of the copying or what or a difference in machine set-up. Thanks.

Hi Louisa,

I'm just taking a stab in the dark here but it sounds like the machine that isn't using the Calisto font might not have that font installed on the computer. Therefore, it's using the next closest font available. Check to see if the Calisto font you want to use is available on the laptop.

hth

------------------

Ryan

[email protected]

Thanks for your responses. When I actually thought about it I figured it was something like that so I just changed it to Times New Roman since it gives about the same effect and is guarenteed to be on any system either PC or Mac.

Thanks again!

This topic is 8697 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.