Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Invoices and Product ID

This topic is 3512 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Question: by koshi » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:51 am

Hi, i am new at fm starting point. I have just tried it and i think it is wonderful, congratulations. I am really considering for my bussines.

Now, here is my question.

When making a new invoice, i add articles to the invoice by ID, automaticlly asigned as entered (1, 2, 3...) First i tried to fill this field with my own product code. I failed, can this be done? For example, if i enter a first product item, the ID will be 1, and i want it to be SR1010CR, so i can enter them to the invoice with the product code i need.

Second choice, i captured my own product ID (SR1010CR) under serial number field. But now, how can i add products to my invoice based on this field instead of the ID field?

Thank you very much!
-------------------------
Hello Koshi,

Glad to welcome you to the forum and thanks for using FM Starting Point.

Here is a solution for your problem. Instead of changing the relationship so that it is based on your custom ID, you can simply hide the system id and have your own id displayed instead. This is how you will do it.

1. Move the current ID field behind the description field. You cannot remove the field or the drop down list will not be displayed. I recommend entering your custom product ID in the "Serial Number" field in products.

2. Create a new field in the line items portal. This field will be the Serial Number field from Products ("T12j1_invoices_PRODUCTS||id_product|::Serial_Number")

In this manner you will be able to display your custom ID as well as maintaining the drop-down list for entering new line items.

Let us know how it goes; and if you have any more questions, please let me know.

Good Luck,

Calvin Mosiman
-------------------------------

This topic is 3512 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.