Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Emailing Estimates - How to change the text of email

This topic is 3508 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Question: by Fons1302 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:58 am

Hi,

First of all, thank you very much for this great solution!

I have a question about how to change the text in the e-mail to which the PDF file of an estimate is attached. I'm talking about this text:

"Hello X,

Attached to this email you will find an Estimate from my company name.
If there is any problem in opening this document or if the document was not attached at all, please let us know."

I would like to make this text a little bit more personal but I can't find where to do that. Can anyone tell me where I can change this text?

Thank you very much,

Fons

---------------------

Fons,

There are 2 basic ways to change your company name in the email. First you can go to the Preferences layout and insert your company name information. Or, you can edit script 905 by replacing the company name field in both Send Mail script steps with your actual company name. The first option should be the better one for you.

Frank

---------------------

Thanks Frank but I think I have not made very clear what I meant. It's not the company name that I want to change, that get's filled in properly by the 905 script, no problem there. It is the rest of the text of the e-mail in question that I want to be able to change/expand. Basically I just want to add something like "kind regards, Fons" to it. I know that it is the 905 script that creates that e-mail and the PDF of the estimate but I can't find where I can change the text of this e-mail. 

Cheers,

Fons

---------------------------

"Hello " & T08b_estimates_CONTACT||id_contact|::Name_First & "," & ¶ & ¶ & 

"Attached to this email you will find an Estimate from " & T08l_estimates_PREFERENCES||id_constant|::Company_Name & "." & ¶ & ¶ & 
¶ & ¶ & 

"If there is any problem in opening this document or if the document was not attached at all, please let us know." & ¶ & ¶ & "Regards,¶¶Fons"

This topic is 3508 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.