Server Maintenance This Week. ×

What is the To-Do's Purpose?

This topic is 3509 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Question: by sjamieson7812 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:08 am

Can you explain how the to do's are intended to be used. I would expect that I would create todo to remind myself of something I need to do. If I'm on staff, there is no todo tab. Is it intended that I would create a todo from my contact record and that I would put my name in as the contact so that it would show up under my to do list? Is the staff field on the todo just for referance as staff don't have a todo tab?

Also, what is the indended relationship between staff and contacts. I notice that a staff field is in the contact record. 

On the calendar you can use now filter by user. That must be the Filemaker usename. Does that tie into a contact or staff record.

Thanks
Scott
--------------------
Hello Scott,

Staff is intended to be people working for the company using the database.

In some businesses, staff are assigned to Contacts to service them. This is a practice that we use at RC Consulting.

The User filtering field pulls names from the Staff table. The original intention was that the person using the database would assign To Do's to people and then know what tasks he had handed out to whom. He could view the Calendar and see what any particular person was doing. 

To have this set up for multiple staff to access and use, you would have usernames that correspond with the Staff Records. When the "To Do List" opens the script would be customized to filter the currently logged in staff member.

Hope this helps. Thanks for using FM Starting Point!

Best regards,

Calvin Mosiman

This topic is 3509 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.