Server Maintenance This Week. ×

.xls file won't import on server, but will on client

This topic is 3501 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've got a .xls file(s) that are being imported through the server from a PSOS process.  Most of the time, it works great! On occasion, the import process will stay stuck at the Import script step.  It doesn't execute it, and it throws no errors.  I know it's stuck there because I'm placed some sendmail command pre and post, and I never receive the post message.  The virtual user server creates just hangs there and never logs out.  It doesn't show as using any system resources through the statisics screen, but other real user notice a slowdown when this happens.  I also tried the same thing through a server-side schedule, with the same results.  The same file will import perfectly fine when I import it through a normal FMP client connection.

Once this happens, any other PSOS processes won't work.  Server just keeps piling on the virtual users but never logs them out.  The only way to stop this is to restart the FMSE service through the command line. 

I realize that there is some funky data inside the file, as I can copy just the lines that I need, paste it into a new .xls file, and then it'll work fine.  But I can't expect the end users to do this with every single file.  Server should be able to at least detect this issue and give an error.

Something with the server import doesn't work the same way as the client version, but I just can't figure out what or why it would just hang at the import step and not throw an error.  I don't know if this is a specific PC issue, as I don't have a MAC server to test this out with.

Anyone seen this kind of behaviour and/or offer any suggestions?

Thanks!

This topic is 3501 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.