Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Invoice Line Items.... Multiple lines in product description

This topic is 3504 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Question: by bobgorel » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:29 pm

Hi,
I have an invoice that requires multiple lines of text per record. I have expanded ID and Description fields to height of 100 but as soon as I add a second line item, the first line overylays and overprints on top of the second line and so forth. 

Can I have multiple lines per entry in invoice line items portal? One line invoices work fine and I'm able to print them but as soon as I add another line item it overprints. 

I have tried setting "Sliding Up based on Items above" and I have tried it with "resize enclosed part" and without it yet no difference. I have also tried setting the portal to slide up and without it. I have increased the size of all fields but that does not do the trick either. 

I would like to get out of this prison of 1 line records. For some invoices I'm required by some Custom departments to display certain amount of information that spans three to four lines of text per vehicle. I spend all day yesterday to figure it out and finally had to re-create the invoice in Excel to be able to send it before the deadline.

Thanks,
Regards,
Bob
-------------------------------
Hi Bob,
You can achieve this by cutting the # of rows in the portal down by half, and then doubling the height of the portal, as well as the height of the line items. This will allow you to display multiple lines of data in the line items.
- DGPExpress

This topic is 3504 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.