Server Maintenance This Week. ×

New Apple Time Capsule Router

This topic is 3470 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I know this might not be the best place for this advice, but you guys are so good at File Maker, I thought I should ask.  I just got a new Apple Time Capsule and I know I need to do port forwarding to port 5003, but the instructions with the unit are terrible and port forwarding is tricky to begin with. Hopefully since File Maker is an Apple product, it can be done but we non-techies really need help with this one.  Thanks

Don

Ok...so your thinking about using the Wifi Base Station part of time capsule to Portforward the traffic.   I have not setup that product before... but my general impression as the most of the Apple UI is pretty basic... and doesn't provide for things like that... at least with most of their airport setups as I remember.

Most devices that allow for port forwarding are configurable firewalls.... or a modem router... that provides for that kind of configuration.

The fact the Apple is owned by FileMaker... is really does have any bearing here...since the two companies largely operate independently.   There are times they are forced to co-exist.... but for the most part.... there is not a lot of cross polination.

I would repost the question into a more general area.  If I had relevant experience...I would share it. 

- RC

This topic is 3470 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.