Filemaker Server 13 Installation issues on Windows 2012 R2

This topic is 3458 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have been having some installation difficulty with getting my FMS 13 onto our Windows 2012 R2 box.  

When it installs, it gives me the well known dialog about ports 80 & 443 being required.  It says port 443 is in use.

When I called Filemaker, they walked me through a netstat -ab | more command.  

That command showed that 443 was listening but line #2 said:

"Can not obtain ownership information"

So, now I don't know what part of the 2012 Windows OS to address to clear that port.  

I also don't know *precisely* how to set up the firewall (or if it needs to be set up) so that may be a problem as well.

Any ideas would be of great help!

Thanks!

PS - ports 445 and 111 also show the same thing and I think it is OS.

• Newbies

Just been dealing with the same thing; possibly the buggiest install I've ever done, period, the air is blue here. Thanks FileMaker for making it so ******* difficult to install on a fresh Win Server!! No idea what the test environment was, so far I'm doubting there was one...it certainly wasn't a real-world test, if it was, they must have given up pretty quickly and just played dumb and put it out anyway.

ANYWAY...rant [1] over:

Run Windows PowerShell as an administrator

type:

net stop http /y

hit enter

wait for all services to finish/close down

Try installing again.

(I tried removing IIS websites, changing ports, but it was still listening. NETSTAT -ano, you name it - the service using it was SYSTEM with a PID of 4. Can't stop that or the system dies).

You will probably get past that message now - but you will then hit a problem with ARR and it STILL won't install - I installed ARR v3 as the installer instructed me to (the only one around) and it now won't enable web publishing. AT ALL. Since then I've been told it wants ARR 2.5 not 3 - and to uninstall it. This is after about 15 attempts at deployment assistant with no error messages at all, peeing in the wind - it just takes you back to step 1 with no explanation.

Brilliant, bravo again FileMaker. I've only wasted half a day so far installing this.  :bang:

Rant [2] over.

So, that will get you FileMaker Server with no web publishing running.

If you want Web Publishing I suggest trying to install ARR 3 then uninstall ARR 3 and hope for the best. This is what I'm doing right now.

Will let you know how it goes (if I don't walk out first).

:hair:

• Like 1

• Newbies

UPDATE: After uninstalling ARR 3 and reinstalling FileMaker Server it seemed to install it's own ARR this time and finally get me past the web publishing page of the Deployment Assistant. I left the settings as-is - so ODBC/JDBC on, XML on, WebDirect on and PHP on using the compatible version. It got past on about the 4th attempt for whatever reason.

On the next page though, it would not succeed with finding the website at 127.0.0.1. I went into PowerShell again and typed net start http /y and it said 'The requested service has already been started'. I went into Start->services.msc and checked in there - sure enough, down the bottom, 'World Wide Web Publishing Service' was not running. I clicked start and it FINALLY WORKED! I now have a fully-deployed FileMaker Server.

6 full hours later...almost a full working day I won't get back.

Hope this helps some other poor soul out as I didn't have this info, it was trial and error.

John

This topic is 3458 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.