MD5 from Web Viewer to field

TJ53

This topic is 3400 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I just realized that you said that you are using Filemaker 12.   If it were 13, you could use a Javascript call back to Filemaker via fmp:// protocol and pass the MD5 as a parameter to a FM13 script.

But, since you are using Filemaker 12, I would merely use the FREE BaseElements plugin which has MD5 and SHA256 functions to do the job (...and I would probably opt for this method under 13 as well... because it's dead simple.).

The script step would simply look like:

Set Field [md5::field_md5[]; BE_MessageDigest ( md5::field; BE_MessageDigestType_MD5 )]

This IMHO would simplify things quite a bit.

regards...

Bob Minteer

Hi Bob,

Thanks a lot for your reply and for the plugin info. Yes this is for FMP12, I thought I was missing something and could be done easily but I guess not … probably because I'm using a javascript function inside the wv.

Anyway ... with FM 13 this can be done natively by using the function GetContainerAttribute(sourceField; "MD5"), there is a useful video from Todd Geist that show some more of this ...

https://www.geistinteractive.com/2014/05/05/filemaker-md5-hash-function/

• Like 2

Whoa!  You know... I thought that I had investigated ALL of the new features in Filemaker 13... I did NOT see GetContainerAttribute() !!

Thanks for pointing that one out!  

regards...

Bob

This topic is 3400 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.