Sign in to follow this  
dragonfly

FM12 layout problem on Mac

I have 2 MacBook Pro running Yosemite 10.10 with FM Pro 12.0v5 that we are using from a remote site. When i open our customer file remotely on one computer everything works fine.  On the 2nd computer the 1st layout of all customer info opens up blank. All other layouts are working fine.  Nothing is visible other than a couple of lines showing where a couple of fields are placed.  Going into layout mode all fields are still blank...a green dot but no field names.  When I click on a field box the inspector pops open and the correct field is named. I also Checked the relationships and they are correct. We have 6 stations at the home office and they are working fine.  Why would just this one layout on this one computer not be correct?

That’s totally odd, dragonfly. Have you tried recovering the file? How about deleting and reinstalling FileMaker on that computer? I know it‘s displaying everything else fine, but corrupt files (or installations) can do some really weird stuff.