Server Maintenance This Week. ×

To-Do's added to Calendar

This topic is 3370 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Firstly, I have to take my hat off to the team for such an impresive product - FM Starting Point.

As I have been looking into using FM Starting Point as a means to keep track of contacts and meetings with contacts, I really don't want to do double the work load by adding To-Do's (creating appointments) in FMSP and then having to add them again to Calendar a second time.

Is there a way that when a To-Do is created it could be add to my Calendar?

The reason for doing this is to allow me to have the current data on my iPhone and keep me in sync as well as informed.

Cheers,

John

If your talking about the Calendar on the iPhone... there is no automatic cross Sync with that.  There is a plug-in from Productive Computing that is supposed to allow for this.  We can setup a copy of FMSP on a Server... and you purchase a copy of Zulu (SeedCode I think) and that also does the Sync...with the Calendar.

I understand the request... but its not part of the base FileMaker product.

- Richard

• 3 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Excellent work and thank you.

When I use the "Next Followup" on my iPad it does not post it in the Calendar. Am I correct in presuming it is the same issue as the iPhone?

Yes,

The Operating system for the iPhone and iPad are essentially the same...if not identical.  Same issue.

We are going to make some minor enhancements to followup in the next release.  Comments are welcome.

This specific features isn't going to happen however... :-)....unless you buy the software listed above.

- RC

This topic is 3370 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.