Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Interactive Remote Container Fields with FMS

This topic is 3352 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

Currently I am having an issue displaying remote container fields with interactive content (PDFs) on an FMS 13 Server box. JPEGS/PNG display just fine. To describe the issue in detail:

A local database will display the interactive PDFs in a remote container field.

When the the database is hosted with FMS 13 the container field displays an IIS error message.

IIS (v7) hosts a website that is unrelated to this database

I have stopped the websites hosted with IIS without any success.

Has anybody encountered anything like this is before? I will gladly describe in more detail if the information is insufficient.

-B

• Newbies

I am a novice user of Filemaker Server and a novice user of file servers.

I am running Filemaker Server 13 on Windows Server Standard 2012 (R2).

I have been testing this setup.  When I access a hosted database from a web browser using Web Direct while on the same network as the server, PDFs in interactive container fields display.

When I access the hosted database with a web browser using Web Direct from another network, the PDFs do not display.

When I access the database (remotely or locally) using Filemaker Pro 13 (Windows), the PDFs display and Acrobat is accessible to allow searching the PDF and other functions.

Filemaker Tech Support tells me the inability to have PDFs display when accessing the database with a web browser using Web Direct while on another network is due to my not having the necessary ports open. I do not know if that is correct.

This behavior does not seem to be affected by whether or not the PDFs are stored internally in the database or externally.

So I have two questions:  What is the explanation for why PDFs are not displaying?  Also, is the ability to perform Acrobat commands on a PDf while inside of an interactive container field limited to Filemaker Pro and therefore not supported in Web Direct?

Chet Lustgarten

This topic is 3352 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.