Exporting UNICODE Characters from FILEMAKER

This topic is 8044 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Some of my Filemaker field is container type & filled with chinese(UNICODE) charater. When I am trying to export the file all the fields are exporting but the those fileds which holds chinese charaters are showing blank spaces. Can anyone help me to solve the problem ?

Container fields cannot be exported. export field only contain ASCII data, and comtainers aren't ASCII.

Is there a way to put Unicode into text fields?

Thanks Vaughan Bromfield ,Can I use some plugins to export container field which hold UNICODE ? As I am very new to Filemaker I need some help. I found some plugins like Inside Scan or Troi Files, but all these handles Imgaes. I need some plugin which will simply export the container field having UNICODE in it.

I think you missed my point. Export files are TEXT ONLY. They cannot by their nature have binary stuff (the things stored in container fields) in them.

You might be able to save the contents out of the container field into separate files, but that's not the same as exporting the data since the rest of the record's information won't accompany the saved files. There may be a plug-in to facilitate this.

OK Understand, Can I get the UNICODE(chinese character) through ODBC. I tried that, I am able to export data from FM to MS SQL Server but the problem is the container field values shows as <Binary> instead of actual value. In Filemaker I inserted Word Pad object in container field where I typed chinese character, while importing through ODBC I get those field type as Image with length 16.

Is there a way to get those UNICODE in MS SQL Server database ?

Regards,

Kakali Basak

This topic is 8044 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.