Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Deleting container contents

This topic is 3272 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This is probably a very basic, simple task but I have a couple of questions regarding container fields. I currently have a container field in FMP13 that is used to store a PDF document. The field has been optimized to support PDF information.

The 1st time I enter a table record and insert a PDF into my container field I can either 'right click' and insert or use the menu bar and 'insert'. If I want to replace the PDF, the only way I can accomplish this is to use the menu bar. I'd like to be able to 'right click' whenever I want to insert a PDF. Is the menu bar my only option for updating my container information?

I find no way to 'delete' the contents of my container field. I know I've got to be overlooking an obvious solution, but I sure don't see any way to accomplish this.

I've tried setting the container field to be both stored locally as well as externally, always with the same results.

Occasionally, when I try to replace a PDF the FileMaker Pgm will abort. When I restart the program it will insert the PDF just fine. At this point in time I'm not sure if it's a FileMaker issue or an issue with my server. If you have any suggestions on how to approach resolving this dilemma I'd appreciate it.

This topic is 3272 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.