The site is updated on a beta version. Maintenance tasks are running so search and index may not function at this time. ×

Webviewer PDF script size or scroll

This topic is 1859 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm displaying PDFs in a webviewer off of the server on my LAN without difficulty on OSX.

Is there anyway to script the viewing formats? I'd like to be able to control the scroll, or at least the "autosize" feature or zoom in / zoom out.

(my pet peeve: annoyingly a single page PDF will always default to scrolling to the bottom of the page)

Any thoughts?

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

This topic is 1859 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By ggt667
      I can ping my PDF document server from Terminal, I can connect to the PDF document server from all browsers apart from Safari, my default web browser is FireFox, I also tried to change to Chromium and Opera as the default web browser. WebViewer has the same symptoms as Safari, server not found.
      $ ping -nc 1 document PING document (10.0.0.7): 56 data bytes 64 bytes from 10.0.0.7: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=0.002 ms --- document ping statistics --- 1 packets transmitted, 1 packets received, 0.0% packet loss round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 0.002/0.002/0.002/0.000 ms FileMaker says ’Couldnot connect to the server.’

The issues is easily solved by creating a new MacOS X user, and log in to that user, however I would rather like to fix the current user not having to migrate all other application settings. Is there some dns cache specific to Web Viewer and Safari?
    • By Answers
      We have containers that we drag and drop PDFs into, that are externally stored and the field on the layout is formatted as a PDF. I know I've done this in the past where I wrote a little script that sets a temporary path and when it's clicked the enduser can view in Adobe. The script is simple: it sets the a variable to a temporary path, then exports the field contents to automatically open. I cannot get the script to work. It seems so simple... maybe my mind isn't working right today.
      So my next idea was to make popover button with the pdf container in, interactive so when the user clicks on the popover you see the PDF within Filemaker, that does not work either. I tried this both on a mac and a pc.
      I'm sure I'm missing something.
      Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
      Caroline
    • By jeffreym9152
      Trying to display a pdf stored on the iPad AT A SPECIFIC PAGE NUMBER or 'DESTINATION'  tag within the  pdf document from FMGo.  I've tried both a Webviewer and Open URL call but the #page= and #destinationtag appended to the filepath (eg //MyFile.pdf#page=20) is ignored.  Any ideas how to open and display a  PDF at specific page?
    • By St3v1e
      Hi,
      As a complete novice to FMP, I'm attempting my very first database. We rely on storing our contracts on Google & Dropbox. I've been trying to either embed the pdf's into a "tab", or (my preferred option) to have an "Add URL" button to link to the online pdf.
      I tried adding a field and copying and pasting the URL, but it's not clickable, and I'd need to add another field for each pdf/contract.
      Is there a better more efficient way to do this?
      Thanks
      Steve
    • By 360Works
      Scribe 4 - FileMaker OCR Scanning Demo Video
      Today, we wanted to share a practical way to use the new FileMaker OCR and PDF integration features in Scribe 4. If you have a stack of paper with information you need to access from FileMaker, you can easily automate this process with Scribe.
      In this demo video, we will show how you can scan in a stack of paper and extract the text (using OCR) into FileMaker, and have it on individual (spliced) PDF pages.
        Watch the Video   Stay updated with 360Works

Questions? Email: plugins@360Works.com

• Who Viewed the Topic

4 members have viewed this topic:
    lance123  Mary Weldon  doughemi  Lee Smith 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.