Sign in to follow this  
Raybaudi

[Samples] pdf Pages Count

pdf Pages Count

Someone asked if it is possible to count the pages of a PDF...

The attached file contains a tail recursive custom function that can do the work for the most common cases.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    09/27/2015
  • Category
  • FM Version
    FM Version: 4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By AndreasvanHaren
      How can I count the amount of lines in a text field? And is there a way to get a live update of the line count while typing in the field without it slowing down or interrupting the typing? 
    • By Dellana
      I am using Filemaker Pro 17.  I have created a container field with 'interactive content (PDF, MP3, etc.)' checked in the Data tab in the Inspector. PDF's won't upload.    I've uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Reader DC.  I've tried other PDF files and they just won't load.  What am I doing wrong?  (I've done is successfully in the past with Filemaker 15 with the exact same PDF files).  I'm using a MacBook Pro with MacOS Mojave Version 10.14.2 (18C54).
    • By Asu
      Hello -- I would like to open pdf files that are stored in a secure external manner. 
      Only the first page of multipage files show in a FM container window (if I';m not mistaken) so I am wondering about using Preview (Mac, of course). I can retrieve the file path to the secure file by processing the text output of the container file, and then use it as a variable filename in a Send Event script step,  but Preview cannot open it.
      Any suggestions?
    • By NBS5000
      Hi all,
      I'm using trying to add an image to a PDF in Scribe, the process works well, however the image I'm using is a PNG with transparency.
      The image is stored in FM and the transparency is retained, if I export the field contents, it is retained too.
      When the image is added to the PDF, it loses the transparency, and the are replaced with white, which means I can't see what's under it.
      Has anyone else had this issue? Is it resolved/resolvable, or is this something where I need to find an alternative solution?
      Thanks
    • By Dean Ingram
      I am trying to get a page count from a PDF file stored in a container field. ScribeDocLoad is successful. Next I'm attempting to use ScribeDocReadValue to get the PDFPageCount. The variable $LastPage is set to ScribeDocReadValue( "PDFPageCount" )
      This parameter, or any other of the metadata values listed in the documentation, results in an error like "Reading values is not supported for the file PDFPageCount"
      The documentation reads like this:
        Am I fundamentally misunderstanding what this is supposed to do? The PDF file has no formal "fields." Its just a scanned PDF. 
      D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.