Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 3094 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I am selling articles which I buy in € to different countries online.  So sometimes I have to sell in $ or £.  I am wondering how to tell FM Startingpoint to use a specific currency.  Basically now FMSP is in $.  So I would like to have FMSP calculating the value of my sales price in € (which I introduced in "products") into $ when I have an "estimate" in $.  (and so on for £)  The only thing I should have to do is once a month optimising in the database the value of € to $ and € to £.

What would be of course the "cherry on the cake" should be that if FMSP deducts that the buyer (contact) is a $-related or a £-related "contact", automatically the "estimate","invoices", "expenses" and "projects" will be adapted own the correct currency.

We have a "Pounds" version for the UK, and a Spanish translated version.  It would take a tremendous amount to effort to have FMSP localize itself... largely because you cannot programmatically set the currency within the current confines of the software.

The currency is set in layout mode manually...by hand.  At one point we tried to do a programtic version...but it always looked poor...becuase the currency mark would sometime appear on the right, or sometimes on the left.

Its just too much work for us to maintain in a free app.  

- Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your answer.  I understand.  What do you recommend me to do ?

Just put everything in 1 currency (eg $) and then export all the sales to an exel file and then sorting per country o that I can get an indication of what I have sold per $, € and £ ?

This topic is 3094 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.