fmsadmin commands from administrator group

This topic is 2830 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I have a simple question about the fmsadmin command. Does it recognise the credentials of an administrator group? I could not find this in the documentation. It would be a real bummer if fmsadmin is ignoring those, and I have a first impression it is NOT working.

I would not expect this to work.  As a general rule the subadmins in the various Groups would not have direct access to the server itself.  The CLI does not work remotely, IIRC, and has not done so in the modern Server era.

The Groups can be authenticated by External Accounts, however, if that helps you any.

Steven

Hi Steven,

Thank you for your answer.

If the CLI does not work remotely, why does it need credentials for certain operations? You can stop and restart server processes without any password, but you cannot list any open files without providing superadmin credentials. Maybe it is fmsadmin that has to enter the modern Server era. It is still a part of FileMaker Server and is not marked as an obsolete part. It should work correctly or at least consistently. Maybe you should have a look at the latest OSX and Windows Servers to see how much IT administation has to be done through the CLI...:-) things that we were able to do through a GUI in previous versions. I am not in favour of a CLI only adminstration either, but please do not judge so easily.

Edited by Peter Wagemans

This topic is 2830 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.