Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Upgrade to Snow Leopard...FM Pro 6 s.l.o.w

This topic is 4930 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello!

I've been "lucky" enough to be working on my organization's OLD, OLD Filemaker db. We are an all Mac shop, and within a few months we will be purchasing an off-the-shelf database solution so this issue will be moot then.

In the time being however, I'm trying to tweak this thing to be as fast as I can get it. We run FM Pro v6 on our clients, with FM Server 5.5. There are about 10 of us connecting to the database.

The issue really showed itself when we upgraded the user's hardware...mostly from old PowerPC iMacs running 10.4 to MacBook (Intel) running 10.6.

Particularly when users cut/paste information from a Word doc that has certification documentation they need, it drags to multiple second delays as users type and edit.

Rosetta seems to be running non-Intel apps (Microsoft Office, etc.) very well but FM is killing it.

I've tried maxing out the cache, hardly any improvement. I've tried uninstalling FM, reinstalling Rosetta, reinstalling FM and no luck.

I'm trying to build the data into the existing old database, however my fear is even if they are no longer cutting/pasting between FM and Word, FM will still lag.

Yes, I'd love to upgrade to FM 11 but giving our total changeover in a few months, not an option...and the conversion process would be a bear I'm sure for our data.

Anything else that might do it?

This topic is 4930 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.