FM Credit Card v1 was first released in April of 2011 and discontinued in August of 2015. After increased interest from clients, we decided to bring the plug-in back to life, bigger and better than ever, and released v2 in September of 2017.
If you are a v1 client, you might be wondering, what’s so great about v2? Well, this blog will answer that for you. Here are seven good reasons to upgrade to FM Credit Card version 2.
Don’t feel like reading? Check out this quick video from our CEO, Marc, discussing the plug-in and v2 enhancements:
1) FileMaker 16 Compatible. FM Credit Card v2 is compatible with FileMaker 14 -16. V1 is compatible with FileMaker 13 (which FileMaker has deprecated support for). Make your solution modern and take advantage of all that FileMaker 16 has to offer.
2) FileMaker 16 Script Steps. With the release of FileMaker 16, we added FileMaker 16 script step functionality to all of our plug-ins. Take advantage of this modern scripting method with version 2. Want to learn more about FileMaker 16 script steps? Here is a video of our CEO, Marc, explaining what they are:
3) Gateway Compatibility. FM Credit Card is now compatible with Authorize.net and Authorize.net emulator gateways, as well as PayPal. And, with version 2, we consolidated all of the gateway-specific plug-in functions to more general functions to make it easier to program your scripts. Our plug-in developer also organized the functions to provide more flexibility and future expandability with the function calls to the plug-in.
4) Security Compliance. Version 2 is compliant with the latest security requirements and industry standards of TLS 1.2. These strict security requirements are mandatory for any modern payment transaction.
5) Card-present transactions. With version 2, if the card is present, you can conveniently swipe it right into FileMaker with a keyboard-emulating card reader – no need to type in the card info.
6) Server-side compatibility. This means you can now integrate with FileMaker Go, FileMaker WebDirect and Custom Web Publishing by way of the “perform script on server” script step. This enhancement greatly expands your deployment options and allows you to construct the exact workflow your company needs – be it on desktop, iOS device, or the web.
7) Free updates. Because FM Credit Card is a SaaS product, we will always ensure it is compatible with the three ever-changing environmental variables including: both the Windows and Mac operating systems, the payment gateways themselves (i.e. Authorize.net), and the latest version of FileMaker, which we all know changes yearly. In any and all of these cases, we have you covered. Not only does SaaS cover future compatibility, it includes access to any new features we may build into the plug-in over time.
Starting at $35/year for a single user license, there is no reason not to upgrade! Visit www.fm-creditcard.com today to download the latest plug-in and take it for a test drive in our updated demo.