Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Make my database MirrorSync aware

This topic is 2849 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I hope someone can help me with an elegant solution on how to make my database MirrorSync aware.

I will have users accessing our database through both direct on-line connection to it while in the office, and then using mirrorsync when leaving the office.  The mirrorsync will be used on iPhones, iPads and Laptop computers.

There is certain functionality I want for off-line users, but I am not sure how to detect when they are off-line/using the off-line version.  

Example:  The "Sync" button.  I do not want this to show on the live database, but do want it to show on the off-line version.  What command would I type into the "Hide Object When  " option so the button would only show on the off line version?

Or: How would I send a user to a particular layout when they are using the off-line version?

Or: How would I have a script do one thing if they were on-line, and something else if they were off-line?

I have attempted the above trying various Get functions, but do not have anything reliable figured out.  I know I could accomplish what I need by changing Privilege Sets and/or by making people sign in with different usernames . . .  but I am sure there must be some simple way to do it rather than the horribly complicated solution I am coming up with. 

Any help would be much appreciated - but please keep it simple.

This topic is 2849 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.