Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Error 6 - Could not create record

This topic is 2841 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm using the trial version.  I tested it with a copy of the database and it works great on an iPad and on a MacBook Pro.  

I am now testing it with the live database.  It works great on the MacBook, but I cannot get it working on the iPad.  I have created new links, made sure the MacBook user has been deleted, re-created the database with new links, new scripts etc - but on the iPad it won't sync and gives error message saying, "Could not create record.  Creating MirrorSync client record failed with error 6."

I also cannot create or modify records on the iPad - an error message says the file is not modifiable.  

The exact same link works on the laptop.  What am I doing wrong?  What does error 6 mean?

Thanks.

Thanks.  That makes sense in that I cannot edit any records on the iPad.  What does not make sense is that I created the link and downloaded onto the iPad (twice now with new files) and it did not work, but after each of those attempts I used the link to download to my MacBook and they did work.

Is there any other way to get the file onto the iPad?  I am using a link that creates a full copy.  Is there some way to copy the download file from the computer to the iPad.  It is 5G big.

Thanks again.

No problem. I've never seen behavior before where it gets downloaded as read-only on an iPad. What MirrorSync is actually doing when you run the download link has no qualifiers or checks to see if it is an iPad or a desktop, both devices are being served the same file. Wonder if there is an FM Go setting for downloaded databases? A long shot, but downloading directly onto the iPad should work.

Thanks.  I do not know why, but I tried 3 times to download directly with a new file each time and each time it failed.  But I have twice now successfully downloaded the same link to the computer and then imported onto the iPad.  I do hope there is some simple fix, and will have a look at any settings I can see on the Go.  

I was hoping that perhaps this is something that is not an issue on version 3 - or something version 3 fixes. I will upgrade next week and let you know how it goes.

Once I have the database confirmed as fully operational with all tables and fields syncing without any issues etc, I will need to install it on about 20 - 30 iPads that are scattered across the country, and operated by people who have very low computer skills or interest.  They just want to log sales and expect it to work without their having to do anything.  Getting them to click a link is about as complicated as I can let it get.

This topic is 2841 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.